C - carrier
STEINKOHLEMEHL GIBA-N is a high quality powder of hard coal. In order
to get a high homogenity of chemical and physical characteristics (like
volatile constituents, anthracite, ashes and sulphur), the special selected coal types
were blended together and milled. By this measure it will be reached that beneath
a consistent analysis we get a higher amount of active carbon in comparison to pure
- Compared with natural powder the amount of addition is 85-90 %.
- This reduction of the added amount enables to reduce the water content
in the moulding sand and this reduces the tendency for pinholes.
- STEINKOHLEMEHL GIBA-N acts quickly reductive and counteracts therefore the
tendency for penetration by explosions.
- By a specific sorting out procedure the fine dust will be removed as far
as possible and a contamination of the moulding sand by dust will be avoided.
- Simultaneously the flowability of the sand will be improved and the quality
of the surfaces of the castings will also be improved
Areas of application:
STEINKOHLEMEHL GIBA-N is specially proper for GJL, GJS and GJM
as well as for low pressure, middle pressure and high pressure application.
|Ashes||6 % wf|
|Coking residues||60-70 % waf|
|Volatile constituents||33-38 % waf|
|Lustrous carbon||10-11 % wf|
|Sulfur||0.9 % wf|
This information about our product complies with our actual knowledge and experience.
The content of our information is not binding due to the various possibilities